Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 275+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
We are looking for a versatile Backend Architect with proficiency in any of the popular backend stacks like Django/Python, Node.js, Ruby on Rails or Golang. You will get to design, architect and develop complex enterprise software and SaaS web applications leveraging modern web stacks and micro-services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design & build highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications & software products.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core product features, end to end. Help out in designing & building the backend services and cloud infrastructure.
- Translation of requirements, designs and wireframes into high quality code. Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, founders and product managers.
- Mentor team members and review their work.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 - 12 years of production experience with any modern web frameworks - Django/Flask, Node.js, Ruby on Rails and/or Golang.
- Should have sound experience in developing scalable / distributed SaaS apps with micro-services architecture.
- Should have good knowledge and work experience in REST API implementations, JSON format handling, caching, sessions, multi-threading, etc.
- Should be comfortable with database schema design and leveraging SQL & NoSQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing, consuming and transforming internal and 3rd party API's (REST and GraphQL)
- Experience with code quality and reusability practices (CI/CD for back-end & front-end repos)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, design patterns.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, troubleshooting, and agile development
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Exposure to development using AWS or GCP services
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and enterprise software development process concepts.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.