Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We are a certified Great Place to Work® and recognized as one of the best companies to work for in India. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 220+ elite software engineers solves hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
We are looking to hire a Director of Engineering with entrepreneurial aspirations to join our Founding Team (Core) team. You will design and develop next-generation enterprise software products leading teams of engineers, QA & DevOps. This role involves hands-on architecture, coding and working closely with CxOs at fast-paced startups. This is an engineering role with a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
Why work with Velotio?
- The founding team are serial entrepreneurs with experience in scaling businesses.
- You will get exposure to all aspects of company building - decision making, product development, building the team & culture, cash flow, P&L, sales & marketing aspects.
- Generous bonus & equity structure
- Potential to own P&L and run a business line within Velotio.
- Tackle Challenging Problems: At Velotio, we work with early stage startups & enterprises across various domains working on interesting problems. You will get first-hand experience in designing products and solutions for these challenges.
- Lead Engineering Teams: You will get an opportunity to lead technical teams where you will be involved in project planning, architecture/design, processes and mentoring engineers.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with other internal teams and customers.
- Be an inspirational leader with a passion to solve real problems.
- Technology advisor: For new projects, assist in technology selection, design & documentation architecture.
- Identifying emerging trends relevant for our business. Should be an advisor to organization in terms of technology investments
- An evangelist to developers, clients and employees. Deep interest in blogs, open source contributions, articles, meetup and webinars.
- Drive high performance in the Engineering team, with a relentless focus on agile methodologies and continuous innovation in processes, work practices and tooling.
- Participate in sales calls, assist in building technical proposals and related material.
- Assist the marketing team to develop case studies, whitepapers etc. to showcase Velotio's technical skills and capabilities.
- 4 to 10 years experience of working as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years experience building complex technical products or technical and team leadership
- Experience in building web and/or mobile apps using latest frameworks.
- Experience in front-end frameworks like React, React-Native, Flutter is a plus.
- Experience in building multi-tier & micro-service applications with exposure to caching, pub-sub, data security, authentication, messaging technologies (Kafka, Istio, Kinesis, SAML, RabbitMQ)
- Strong database fundamentals and schema design skills. Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Experience designing, testing, and operating production services
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
Bonus points if you...
- Have worked in startup environments developing products from scratch (right from idea stage)
- Experience with pipeline-based development and CI/CD pipeline implementation for frequent deployment using Jenkins/CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP.
- Knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, ECS)
- Experience with data engineering, ETL and analytics (Airflow, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt)
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious leaders so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineering leaders with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.