Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided core product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
We are hiring Technical Leads who can help to design and develop next-generation enterprise software products leading teams of engineers, QA & DevOps. This role involves hands-on architecture, coding and working closely with CxOs at fast-paced startups. This is an engineering role with a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review requirements and lead the design, product architecture, and implementation of highly scalable cloud based SaaS applications using modern technology stacks.
- Regularly review the team's skillset and available resources and communicate if there are any gaps or areas of opportunity.
- Champion test-driven development and participate in code reviews. Mentor and coach your team members.
- Be a steward of code quality, scalability, security and performance.
- Build and nurture Velotio's engineering culture. Write blogs, conduct technical workshops/talks and attend conferences.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Desire to continuously learn, problem-solve and acquire new skills with cutting-edge technology.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of frontend and/or backend engineering experience. 2+ years in technical leadership or software architect role.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, GraphQL and micro-services.
- Strong database fundamentals and schema design skills. Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Experience with pipeline-based development and CI/CD pipeline implementation for frequent deployment using Jenkins/CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP.
- Experience in at least one cloud platform (Amazon Web Service or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with agile methodologies, software development lifecycles, & design patterns.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Experience in building multi-tier & micro-service applications with exposure to caching, pub-sub, data security, authentication, messaging technologies (Kafka, Istio, Kinesis, SAML, RabbitMQ)
- Have worked in startup environments developing products from scratch (right from idea stage)
- Knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, ECS)
- Experience with data engineering, ETL and analytics (Airflow, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt)
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious leaders so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineering leaders with the potential to grow! You can also apply for this role by sending your resume at email@example.com.
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.