Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design & build highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core product features, end to end. Help out in building the backend & front-end infrastructure.
- Translation of requirements, designs and wireframes into high quality code. Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, founders and product managers.
- Mentor team members and review their work.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Like building beautiful well-architected software products with millions of users.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2 - 6 years of production experience with NodeJS and ReactJS (and/or other modern web frameworks - Django, Golang, RoR)
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles including Virtual DOM, Data Binding, State & Props and React Lifecycle and Redux Middleware such as Thunk or Saga.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, LESS, Bootstrap, Material UI, etc.
- Should be comfortable with database schema design and leveraging SQL & NoSQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing, consuming and transforming internal and 3rd party API's (REST and GraphQL)
- Experience with code quality and reusability practices (eslint, prettier, CI/CD for back-end & front-end repos)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, design patterns.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, troubleshooting, and agile development
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Cloud native development on AWS or GCP
- Experience with implementation of container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes. Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and enterprise DevOps concepts.
- Have experience with React Native or Android/iOS mobile development experience.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow! You can also apply for this role by sending your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.