Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to build and ship a Performant, Scalable and Reliable Android Mobile Apps for B2C and B2B customers.
- Participate in engineering discussions, technical evaluations, design reviews and retrospectives.
- Write clean, secure, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Mentor team members and peer review code. Optimise the application for scalability and performance
- Implement pixel perfect UI that match designs while keeping or improving the app performance.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide excellent user experience.
- Demonstrate strong computer engineering fundamentals: Data structures & algorithms, network & web protocols & rest API's
- Individual responsibility: Ability to take complete responsibility for work and execute independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player: Keep the overall context of the client, project & app in mind, and be supportive of the team’s goals, and support peers & juniors on their technical challenges.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Like building elegant and intuitive Mobile Apps.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
- Collaborate with designers to build pixel-perfect, detail-oriented interfaces and can envision ways to delight your customers with animations, elegant flows, and clean user interfaces
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in native Android app development experience using Java/Kotlin.
- 4+ years experience developing native/cross-platform Mobile Applications.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex projects.
- Expertise in RESTful APIs to connect apps to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Understanding and experience of Dagger 2, MVP/MVVM architecture, Android Architecture Components etc.
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms.
- Expertise in process of publishing and review approval of mobile app to Google Play Store
- Experience working in a modern web-app engineering environment (APIs, SPAs, CI/CD, Cloud Infrastructure, Automated Testing, Git, Agile).
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of Android applications.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with optimizing apps for CPU, data and memory usage
- Experience in app security (code obfuscation, hiding user data, cryptography)
- Experience with development using Android NDK,
- Payment Gateway integrations: Stripe, PayPal, etc.
- Platform Integration (camera, files, permissions)
- Security features of Platform & security best practices
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.