Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided core product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software & DevOps engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable and robust micro-services backend with efficiency, reliability, and consistency to meet rapidly growing application needs.
- Build backend applications and services using Core Java, Spring Framework, SpringBoot, Hibernate, SQL, NoSQL Databases.
- Work with various cloud services like AWS, GCP, Azure to implement highly available, and horizontally scalable applications and services.
- Work with the latest tools and technologies like RabbitMQ, gRPC, Redis, Kafka, and many more to build micro-services with event-driven architecture.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor the applications, to ensure the application is always available and working as expected for the users and other business processes that depend on it.
- Work closely with different business units and engineering teams to develop scalable application design and architecture and thus foster the use of industry best practices across the organization.
- Help establish and maintain a high level of operational excellence in application design and development.
- Evaluate, integrate and build tools to accelerate the entire Software Development Lifecycle.
- Focus on building test-driven development by writing unit/integration tests.
- Contribute to design documents and engineering wiki.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Like building elegant well-architected software products with enterprise customers.
- Want to learn to leverage public cloud services & cutting-edge technologies like Spring, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, gRPC, Redis, ElasticSearch, and many more.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects, and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years software engineering or equivalent knowledge and ability.
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Kotlin.
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following build tools: Maven, SBT, Gradle.
- Extensive experience working with frameworks and technologies like Spring MVC, SpringBoot, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, gRPC, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka.
- Experience building micro-services and working on other backend components like REST APIs, databases, and background tasks and processes.
- Experience designing and maintaining at least one type of database (Non-relational, Relational, Graph, and other related database types).
- Good understanding of star/snowflake schema designs.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns.
- Experience building enterprise-grade SaaS applications in either of B2B and D2C domains.
- Hands-on experience with implementing multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of best practices in developing and deploying applications that are highly available and scalable.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with excellent documentation skills.
Bonus Points if you have...
- Have hands-on experience using one or multiple cloud service providers like AWS, GCP, Azure and have worked with specific products like EKS, EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, ECS, etc.
- Have hands-on experience working with either AWS RDS/Aurora(MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL), DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra or MongoDB and understand the inner workings of these database systems
- Have experience with CI/CD and deployment tools like CircleCI, Github Workflows, Jenkins, etc.
- Have experience working with one of the following frameworks: Hadoop, Struts, Spark
- Possess excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious, and ambitious folks, so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and on-boarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.