Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build, test, and ship customer-facing features & products using modern web-app engineering stack. Our teams use Python (Django), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, data engineering tooling, Kafka and AWS.
- Participate in engineering discussions, technical evaluations, design reviews and retrospectives.
- Provide database schema, API designs and micro-service implementations.
- Mentor team members and peer review code. Focus on best practices for engineering processes and code quality.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Like building elegant well-architected software products with enterprise customers.
- Want to learn to leverage public cloud services & cutting-edge OSS technologies like Kafka, Airflow, Vault, Kubernetes & edge computing.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2 to 8 years of backend engineering experience (ideally with Django, DRF, Flask, Tornado)
- Experience working in a modern web-app engineering environment (APIs, SPAs, CI/CD, Cloud Infrastructure, Automated Testing, Git, Agile)
- Strong database fundamentals and schema design skills. You should be able to use ORMs but still be comfortable with SQL.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Experience in at least one cloud platform (Amazon Web Service or Google Cloud Platform)
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience in building multi-tier & micro-service applications with exposure to caching, pub-sub, data security, authentication, messaging technologies.
- Knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, ECS)
- Experience with data engineering, ETL and analytics.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.