Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We have provided core product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS & Machine Learning space. Our team of 175+ elite software engineers solve hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
Team: Cloud-Native Products
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be working with cloud-native technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Micro-services, Prometheus, Service Mesh, Distributed Tracing, Serverless & AWS/GCP.
- Design, code, and maintain Kubernetes add-ons, Custom Controllers, Operators, CRDs, runtime tooling, and integrations to enhance Kubernetes capabilities.
- Develop products in the cloud-native ecosystem. Or architect and develop tools to help adoption of cloud native technology.
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS / GCP, GKE/EKS/Openshift, Prometheus, Prow, Operator SDK, Helm, Terraform, Vault, SQL/NoSQL Databases.
- You are an experienced and mature engineer who wants to build incredible products while shaping the architecture, tools, and processes for the team.
- Mentor team members and review their work.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Love Golang, Kubernetes, cloud platforms, and systems software.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 to 8 years of experience in Software Development with Golang, Python or Scala. Minimum 1+ years of experience working with production quality Golang codebase.
- Experience with Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and patterns.
- Proficient with Kubernetes concepts such as Pods, Services, Deployments, Statefulsets, volume claims, Helm Charts etc.
- Proficient in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency with one or more SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB.
- Experience with queuing and caching services like Redis, Memcache, RabbitMQ.
- Understanding of micro-services architecture.
- Ability to operationalize code with proper tracing, metrics, error logging, monitoring and alerts.
- Experience with agile methodologies, software development lifecycles, & design patterns.
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies and concepts. The “cloud-native” field of software is evolving fast and you’ll need to quickly learn new technologies as required.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Expert level proficiency in Go, and a clear understanding of concurrency patterns, WebSockets, gRPC.
- Have CKA Professional certifications.
- Have experience with Kubernetes API extension points and Kubernetes network plugins (e.g. CRDs, Open Service Broker, Controllers, Istio, Calico, Flannel).
- Have expertise running and automating Kubernetes environments in one or more cloud providers, preferably as part of a large-scale, enterprise-class product related to storage, networking and/or virtualization.
- Have experience contributing to open source projects.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
You can apply for this role by sending your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.