Velotio is running a Golang & Kubernetes Accelerator Program - an intense 2 months program for young software engineers with at least 1 years of industry experience. This program will train you to become a cloud-native engineer with technologies like Golang, gRPC, Kubernetes, microservices, and cloud-native platforms.
The program will run through till the end of 2021.
More details: https://www.velotio.com/cloud-native-accelerator-program
You will enjoy this role if...
- You love Golang, Kubernetes, GRPC, cloud platforms, and systems software.
- You can work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects, and leads.
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies and concepts. The “cloud-native” field of software is evolving fast and you’ll need to quickly learn new technologies as required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be working with cloud-native technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, Prometheus, Service Mesh, Distributed Tracing, Serverless & AWS/GCP.
- Design, code, and maintain Kubernetes add-ons, Custom Controllers, Operators, CRDs, runtime tooling, and integrations to enhance Kubernetes capabilities.
- Develop products in the cloud-native ecosystem. Or architect and develop tools to help adoption of cloud-native technology.
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS/GCP, GKE/EKS/Openshift, Prometheus, Prow, Operator SDK, Helm, Terraform, Vault, SQL/NoSQL Databases.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Curious, energetic, ready to work hard and learn a lot
- Team player and a strong communicator
- Proficiency with one or more SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience with agile methodologies, software development lifecycles, & design patterns.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun, and positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse, and authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious, and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!