Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We are a certified Great Place to Work® and recognized as one of the best companies to work for in India. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 275+ elite software engineers solves hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
We are hiring Technical Leads who can help to design and develop next-generation enterprise software products leading teams of engineers, QA & DevOps. This role involves hands-on architecture, coding and working closely with CxOs at fast-paced startups. This is an engineering role with a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
Why work with Velotio?
- The founding team are serial entrepreneurs with experience in scaling businesses.
- Tackle Challenging Problems: At Velotio, we work with early-stage startups & enterprises across various domains working on interesting problems. You will get first-hand experience in designing products and solutions for these challenges.
- Lead Engineering Teams: You will get an opportunity to lead technical teams where you will be involved in project planning, architecture/design, processes and mentoring engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review requirements and lead the design, product architecture, and implementation of highly scalable cloud based SaaS applications using modern technology stacks.
- Regularly review the team's skill set and available resources and communicate if there are any gaps or areas of opportunity.
- Champion test-driven development and participate in code reviews. Mentor and coach your team members.
- Be a steward of code quality, scalability, security and performance.
- Build and nurture Velotio's engineering culture. Write blogs, conduct technical workshops/talks and attend conferences.
- Be an inspirational leader with a passion to solve real problems.
- Technology advisor: For new projects, assist in technology selection, design & documentation architecture.
- Drive high performance in the Engineering team, with a relentless focus on agile methodologies and continuous innovation in processes, work practices and tooling.
You will enjoy this role if you...
- Desire to continuously learn, problem-solve and acquire new skills with cutting-edge technology.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects and leads.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience in any language. 2+ years in technical leadership or software architect role.
- 2+ years of experience with building products in Golang and its ecosystem - gRPC, Protobuf, Gin, Gonic, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of more than one software language ideally Golang but otherwise Java, C++ or Python with a willingness to cross-train.
- Strong database fundamentals and schema design skills. Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4j).
- Experience in building multi-tier & micro-service applications with exposure to caching, pub-sub, data security, authentication, messaging technologies (Kafka, Istio, Kinesis, SAML, RabbitMQ).
- Experience with pipeline-based development and CI/CD pipeline implementation for frequent deployment using Jenkins/CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP.
- Experience in at least one cloud platform (Amazon Web Service or Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with agile methodologies, software development lifecycles, & design patterns.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Have worked in startup environments developing products from scratch (right from idea stage).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and related concepts such as Pods, Services, Deployments, Statefulsets, volume claims, Helm Charts, etc.
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious, and ambitious leaders so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineering leaders with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interview and onboarding processes at Velotio will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.